Monday 22 July 2013

Day 3 - Monday 22 July

About 28 miles, again the battery on my GPS watch expired before I had finished.

I was joined by my amazing running friend Pete.  We left a misty Mevagissey at 6.30am. We passed through many lovely little hamlets and villages - Gorran Haven, East Portholland, Portholland and Portloe.  We rounded 2 headlands, Dodman Point and Nare Head.  After Nare Head we had lovely views of Gerrans Bay and all the lovely beaches.  Also saw Caerhayes Castle and the lovely manor at Place. 

There was a sea mist until about midday and the temperature was just right.  I didn't really need the factor 50!  We both got really wet feet as a lot of the path was through fields. 

Had a cup ot tea and sum scrummy flapjack at Porthcurnick Beach near Portscatho.  This is a beach that I went to a lot when I was young.  I am pretty sure that we saw 2 seals in the sea near St Anthony.

Caught a ferry from Place to St Mawes where Pete left me to catch a bus.  I then caught another ferry to Falmouth where I called in to see my nephew at Phones 4 U.  I then walked tthrough Falmouth to Pendennis Point. A lovely day with more running than yesterday.

I have passed through so many lovely places that they are all beginning to blur into one.

Staying at my Mum's tonight and have been joined by my friend Jackie who has driven all the way from near London to join me tomorrow!

Will post photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment